Crispy Potato Cubes Recipe
“My mother used to serve these savory herb potatoes when I was growing up, and she included the recipe in a cookbook she made for me when I got married,” writes Jenelle Piepmeier of Severna Park, Maryland. “They fill the kitchen with a heavenly aroma.”
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt, thyme, marjoram and pepper. Add potatoes; seal bag and shake to coat. Pour butter into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; stir in the garlic. Add potatoes and bay leaf.
- 2. Cover and bake at 450° for 20 minutes. Uncover and stir; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until potatoes are lightly browned and tender. Discard bay leaf. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 295 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 564 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC