- 1 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups crushed potato chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. In another bowl, whisk flour and baking soda; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in potato chips and butterscotch chips.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on pans 1 minute. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Crispy Potato Chip Cookies
Sort By :
"I have made these a few times, and every time everyone raves about them! They all ask for the recipe."
"I haven't tried these yet, so I'm just going to click 1 star so I can ask my question :)What can we use in place of butter flavored shortening ? I want to try these but don't want to buy butter flavored shortening. Would half butter and half regular shortening work?"
"One of the very best cookie recipes I have ever tasted. I like to leave the crushed potato chips just a little coarse for more crunch. I too used the tiny butterscotch chips. Great recipe and I like that it makes so many. Good for a potluck crowd."
"My family loved these cookies. I've made them several times. Different every time. I've added nuts and different flavored chips (chocolate, cinnamon, white chocolate, peanut butter). It also is a great way to use the crushed potato chips in the bottom of the bag. I just save them until I have what I need to make these yummy cookies. Thank you for sharing this recipe!"
"These were a good cookie but I expected more of a sweet and salty taste."