Crispy Potato Chip Cookies
If you like a sweet-and-salty treat, this cookie is perfect! They quickly bake to a crispy, golden brown...and they disappear even faster! —Monna Lu Bauer, Lexington, Kentucky
48 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups crushed potato chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, cream shortening and
- sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. In another bowl, whisk
- flour and baking soda; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in
- potato chips and butterscotch chips.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake
- 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on pans 1 minute. Remove
- to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie equals 123 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 48 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.