- 1 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups crushed potato chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. In another bowl, whisk flour and baking soda; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in potato chips and butterscotch chips.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on pans 1 minute. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Crispy Potato Chip Cookies
"I have made these a few times, and every time everyone raves about them! They all ask for the recipe."
"I haven't tried these yet, so I'm just going to click 1 star so I can ask my question :)What can we use in place of butter flavored shortening ? I want to try these but don't want to buy butter flavored shortening. Would half butter and half regular shortening work?"
"My family loved these cookies. I've made them several times. Different every time. I've added nuts and different flavored chips (chocolate, cinnamon, white chocolate, peanut butter). It also is a great way to use the crushed potato chips in the bottom of the bag. I just save them until I have what I need to make these yummy cookies. Thank you for sharing this recipe!"
"These were a good cookie but I expected more of a sweet and salty taste."
"They were good - not insane like I imagined them, but very good!I took previous reviewer's advice and added less butterscotch chips. But the ones I used were mini ones and probably better than the regular sized ones."
"loved these- made them gluten free using cup 4 cup mix instead of flour and put more chips in at least 1/2 more! very good"
"I didn't have shortening so I substituted butter in its place. Didn't have butterscotch chips so I substituted 1 ag on milk chocolate chips. Delicious with a crunch!"
"These Potatoe Chip cookies have always been a favorate in our family. We love the flavor and they taste just like potatoe chips."