Crispy Picnic Chicken
Crackers, cheese and spices are all you need to create a coating that turns plain chicken into something special, according to Joanie Elbourne of Gardner, Massachusetts.—Joanie C. Elbourn, Gardner, Massachusetts
4-6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 20 butter-flavored crackers, crushed
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients.
- Place the butter in a shallow bowl. Dip a few pieces of chicken at a
- time in butter, then place in bag; seal and shake to coat.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50 minutes or until chicken is
- tender and juices run clear. Serve hot or chilled. Yield: 4-6
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley
, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now