Crispy Picnic Chicken Recipe
Crackers, cheese and spices are all you need to create a coating that turns plain chicken into something special, according to Joanie Elbourne of Gardner, Massachusetts.—Joanie C. Elbourn, Gardner, Massachusetts
- 20 butter-flavored crackers, crushed
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients. Place the butter in a shallow bowl. Dip a few pieces of chicken at a time in butter, then place in bag; seal and shake to coat.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50 minutes or until chicken is tender and juices run clear. Serve hot or chilled. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC