Crispy Picnic Chicken Recipe
- 20 butter-flavored crackers, crushed
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients. Place the butter in a shallow bowl. Dip a few pieces of chicken at a time in butter, then place in bag; seal and shake to coat.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50 minutes or until chicken is tender and juices run clear. Serve hot or chilled. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Crispy Picnic Chicken
"The coating of this chicken was soggy."
"My grandma used bread crumbs instead of the cracker crumbs but both are delicious! I have also added french fried onions to coating mix when processing bread/cracker crumbs! Triple the recipe and save in a jar or sealed plastic bag for quick meals. It is also good for pork chops! One other hint is to line baking sheet with parchment paper for no mess cleanup. The coating tends to stick to the pan. This recipe brings back fond memories of my grandma!"
"very good one! my family love it!"