Crispy Peanut Squares
In Memphis, Tennessee, Geraldine Stephens adds peanunt butter to these cereal bars that make a tasty handheld snack in the morning. "You can substitute pitted dried plum for the mixed dried fruit,"
18 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup chunky peanut butter
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1/2 cup chopped mixed dried fruit
- In a large saucepan, combine brown sugar and corn syrup. Bring to a
- boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in peanut butter until blended. Stir in cereal and fruit. Press
- into a greased 8-in. square dish. Cool on a wire rack until firm.
- Cut into squares. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.