Crispy Peanut Butter Truffles
This is just one of the many candies I make at Christmastime. White candy coating makes them a nice change from the more common chocolate candies.
—Florence Robinson, Lenox, Iowa
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 pound white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and corn syrup. Cook and stir over
- medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring just to a boil. Remove
- from the heat; stir in peanut butter until smooth. Stir in the
- cereal until combined. Roll into 1-in. balls. Place on waxed
- paper-lined baking sheets to cool.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt candy coating, stirring often until
- melted and smooth. With a fork, dip peanut butter balls in coating;
- return to waxed paper until set. Store in an airtight container.
- Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 149 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 53 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.