Crispy Peanut Butter Treats Recipe
"I don't make these crispy bars very often because it's hard to stop eating them!" admits Lisa Hornish, Grand Forks Air Force Base, North Dakota. "The peanut buttery ribbon in the middle makes them an eye-catcher at bake sales."
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 7 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 package (10 ounces) peanut butter chips
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large microwave-safe bowl, heat chocolate chips and peanut butter, uncovered, on high for 45 seconds; stir. Microwave 15-30 seconds longer until chips are melted; stir until smooth. Stir in cereal until evenly coated. Pat half into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. dish.
- 2. In a microwave-safe bowl, heat peanut butter chips and butter, uncovered, on high for 1 minute; stir. Microwave 10-15 seconds longer or until chips are melted; stir until smooth. Stir in water, vanilla and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Carefully spread over the cereal layer. Carefully press remaining cereal mixture over peanut butter layer. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour. Cut into squares. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 160 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 108 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC