Crispy Peanut Butter Treats Recipe
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 7 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 package (10 ounces) peanut butter chips
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, heat chocolate chips and peanut butter, uncovered, on high for 45 seconds; stir. Microwave 15-30 seconds longer until chips are melted; stir until smooth. Stir in cereal until evenly coated. Pat half into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. dish.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat peanut butter chips and butter, uncovered, on high for 1 minute; stir. Microwave 10-15 seconds longer or until chips are melted; stir until smooth. Stir in water, vanilla and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Carefully spread over the cereal layer. Carefully press remaining cereal mixture over peanut butter layer. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour. Cut into squares. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Crispy Peanut Butter Treats
Sort By :
To say it is a favorite is an understatement! I have been making this recipe since it came out in the October 1999 issue of Taste of Home's Quick Cooking Magazine. Yes, I still have it in my little recipe book. :) It now goes without saying or requesting, that I bring these bars for ALL of our get togethers of family and friends alike!
Deadly good, Im the first to rate and review this one surprises me. Its a great change to rice krispie treats. Quick to make and so easy to eat!