Crispy Peanut Butter Balls Recipe
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 cups crisp rice cereal
- 4 cups (24 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup plus 1 teaspoon shortening, divided
- 1/3 cup white baking chips
- 1. In a large bowl, beat peanut butter and butter until blended; gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Stir in cereal. Shape into 1-in. balls. Refrigerate until chilled.
- 2. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and 1/4 cup shortening; stir until smooth. Dip balls into chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on a waxed paper-lined pan. Let stand until set.
- 3. In a microwave, melt white baking chips and remaining shortening. Stir until smooth. Drizzle over candies. Refrigerate until set. Yield: 6 dozen.
1 each: 133 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 54mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Crispy Peanut Butter Balls
"I only have crunchy peanut butter. Can it be used instead of creamy?"
"These are terrific. Reminds me of a cross between a cookie and a truffle."
"These turned out great and tasted great as well. You definitely need to use shortening and not butter for the chocolate coating."
"Took these to a company Christmas Party and had lots of requests for the recipe! They were a hit!"
"Oh so yummy. Spray hands with Pam when rollling balls less sticky"
"These are SO good! I love the crunch to these and will definitely make them again. I don't think I'll ever go back to plain buckeyes!"
"I have made these before. Now I would use a gluten free crispy rice cereal to my daughter that is Celiac could enjoy them with us."
"SO Yummy! SO Easy!"
"Made these last year for the first time and couldn't find the recipe for awhile. So glad I did! The PB balls have a nice crunch for a change from other ball cookies. Only thing, when rolling into balls I hade to kept washing the pb off my hands. It was making it difficult to form a nice ball. Lovely flavor, makes a lot."