Crispy Peanut Butter Balls
I make over 40 different types of cookies and candies during the holidays for friends and family. This is one of my favorite candies to give aways as gifts.—Liz David, St. Catharines, Ontario
72 ServingsPrep: 40 min. + chilling
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 cups crisp rice cereal
- 4 cups (24 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup plus 1 teaspoon shortening, divided
- 1/3 cup white baking chips
- In a large bowl, beat peanut butter and butter until blended;
- gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Stir in cereal.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Refrigerate until chilled.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and 1/4 cup shortening; stir
- until smooth. Dip balls into chocolate; allow excess to drip off.
- Place on a waxed paper-lined pan. Let stand until set.
- In a microwave, melt white baking chips and remaining shortening.
- Stir until smooth. Drizzle over candies. Refrigerate until set.
- Yield: 6 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 candy equals 133 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 54 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.