- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 cups crisp rice cereal
- 4 cups (24 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup plus 1 teaspoon shortening, divided
- 1/3 cup white baking chips
- In a large bowl, beat peanut butter and butter until blended; gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Stir in cereal. Shape into 1-in. balls. Refrigerate until chilled.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and 1/4 cup shortening; stir until smooth. Dip balls into chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on a waxed paper-lined pan. Let stand until set.
- In a microwave, melt white baking chips and remaining shortening. Stir until smooth. Drizzle over candies. Refrigerate until set. Yield: 6 dozen.
Reviews for Crispy Peanut Butter Balls
Sort By :
"I make these every year for Christmas. Once I get the balls made, I put a toothpick in each one, put in the freezer for a bit & then it's so easy to dunk them in the chocolate. I just pull the toothpick out after dunking them & use it to quickly smooth over the hole."
"These are terrific. Reminds me of a cross between a cookie and a truffle."
"These turned out great and tasted great as well. You definitely need to use shortening and not butter for the chocolate coating."
"Took these to a company Christmas Party and had lots of requests for the recipe! They were a hit!"
"Oh so yummy. Spray hands with Pam when rollling balls less sticky"