I make over 40 different types of cookies and candies during the holidays for friends and family. This is one of my favorite candies to give aways as gifts.—Liz David, St. Catharines, Ontario
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 cups crisp rice cereal
- 4 cups (24 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup plus 1 teaspoon shortening, divided
- 1/3 cup white baking chips
- In a large bowl, beat peanut butter and butter until blended; gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Stir in cereal. Shape into 1-in. balls. Refrigerate until chilled.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and 1/4 cup shortening; stir until smooth. Dip balls into chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on a waxed paper-lined pan. Let stand until set.
- In a microwave, melt white baking chips and remaining shortening. Stir until smooth. Drizzle over candies. Refrigerate until set. Yield: 6 dozen.
Originally published as Crispy Peanut Butter Balls in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2008, p64
Reviews for Crispy Peanut Butter Balls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review