Crispy Parmesan Chicken
FOR US, chicken breasts prepared this way is a nice reminder of when abalone was found in markets and menus on the West Coast.
These days, abalone is scarce, so my son discovered a way to prepare chicken to resemble our favorite food. It's a wonderful, simple recipe.
Marian Platt, Sequim, Washington
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons finely crushed saltine or butter-flavored cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Flatten chicken breasts to 1/4-in. thickness. Beat egg in a shallow
- bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine Parmesan cheese and cracker
- crumbs. Dip chicken in egg, then coat with the crumb mixture. In a
- small skillet, cook chicken in oil for 2-3 minutes per side or until
- juices run clear. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 277 calories, 15 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 175 mg cholesterol, 298 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 30 g protein.