Crispy Oven-Baked Chicken Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups crushed cornflakes
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fat-free French salad dressing
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each), skin removed
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. In another shallow bowl, combine the lemon juice and salad dressing. Dip chicken in lemon juice mixture, then coat with cornflake mixture. Arrange chicken on a rack in a foil-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 40-50 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
1 filled pita half: 288 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 506mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 39g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Crispy Oven-Baked Chicken
"This was ok, debating between 3 and 4 stars. Other than turning out a bit dry, it wasn't bad. There are just other oven breaded chicken recipes I prefer to make over this."
"Delicious! It's a hit!"
"This was perfect! I was looking for a way to make something like fried chicken, but in the oven, and this was delicious. Very moist and crispy."