Crispy Oven-Baked Chicken Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups crushed cornflakes
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fat-free French salad dressing
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each), skin removed
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. In another shallow bowl, combine the lemon juice and salad dressing. Dip chicken in lemon juice mixture, then coat with cornflake mixture. Arrange chicken on a rack in a foil-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 40-50 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (1 chicken breast) equals 288 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 102 mg cholesterol, 506 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 39 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.