This is a delicious way to fix chicken that has all the flavor without all the calories. The cornflake coating is dressed up with a pleasant mixture of herbs and seasonings.
- 1-1/4 cups crushed cornflakes
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fat-free French salad dressing
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each), skin removed
- In a shallow bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. In another shallow bowl, combine the lemon juice and salad dressing. Dip chicken in lemon juice mixture, then coat with cornflake mixture. Arrange chicken on a rack in a foil-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 40-50 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Crispy Oven-Baked Chicken in Light & Tasty August/September 2004, p27
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Crispy Oven-Baked Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review