Crispy Orange-Almond Cookies
I like to serve these light crispy cookies with ice cream or sherbet. The recipe is a personal favorite because it came from a good friend.
39 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg, orange juice, peel and extract. Combine flour and
- baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir
- in almonds.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove
- to wire racks to cool. Yield: 6-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 100 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 19 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.