Crispy Onion Wings Recipe
My wife, daughters and I often enjoy these buttery wings while watching TV on Saturday nights. The crisp coating of french-fried potato chips is also great on the chicken tenders I make from cut-up boneless chicken breasts. -Jonathan Hershey, Akron, Ohio
- 12 whole chicken wings (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 2-1/2 cups crushed potato chips
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions, crushed
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1. Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with foil and grease the foil; set aside. Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tip section.
- 2. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the potato chips, onions, cornmeal and seasonings. In a shallow bowl, beat eggs. Dip chicken wings in eggs. Add shrimp to bag, a few at a time. Seal bag and shake to coat; press crumb mixture into chicken.
- 3. Place wings in prepared pan; drizzle with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and coating is crisp. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (3 each) equals 420 calories, 29 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 114 mg cholesterol, 534 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 18 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC