My wife, daughters and I often enjoy these buttery wings while watching TV on Saturday nights. The crisp coating of french-fried potato chips is also great on the chicken tenders I make from cut-up boneless chicken breasts. -Jonathan Hershey, Akron, Ohio
- 12 whole chicken wings (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 2-1/2 cups crushed potato chips
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions, crushed
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with foil and grease the foil; set aside. Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tip section.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the potato chips, onions, cornmeal and seasonings. In a shallow bowl, beat eggs. Dip chicken wings in eggs. Add shrimp to bag, a few at a time. Seal bag and shake to coat; press crumb mixture into chicken.
- Place wings in prepared pan; drizzle with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and coating is crisp. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Crispy Onion Wings in Taste of Home October/November 2003, p29
Reviews for Crispy Onion Wings
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 4, 2012
"Excellent! I made these for a party recently and they were a huge hit. They are nice and crispy - you would never know they were baked!"
Reviewed Mar. 4, 2012
"OMG! Yum... and Supper Crunchy! That's all I have to say."
Reviewed Oct. 25, 2011
"Where did the shrimp come from?"