- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (6 ounces) cheddar or original French-fried onions, crushed, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- In a shallow bowl, combine butter, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic salt and pepper. In another shallow bowl, place 1/2 cup crushed onions. Dip chicken in butter mixture, then coat with onions.
- Place in a greased 9-in.-square baking pan. Top with remaining onions; drizzle with any remaining butter mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Crispy Onion Chicken
"I found garlic-pepper flavored fried onions in the produce department, so I omitted the garlic salt and pepper. Turned out great!"
"I thought this was really good and easy for a |weeknight dinner. I took some of the otherReviewer recommendations and used a broiler pan in the over so the onions wouldn't become soggy."
"Great flavor, but as others said, too much butter. I will definitely make again with half the butter or olive oil as suggested by others. Only about half of the onions were needed to coat the chicken well, so I would suggest starting with half the can, then add more if needed."
"This is one of our very favorite meals. It is on our menu every several weeks. I substitute olive oil for the butter and it is so good. I highly recommend this recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor."
"chicken was very moist, but just too oniony for our tastes. Perhaps, if I had read the other reviews about cutting down on butter and using the cheddar onions we might have liked it more."
"to much butter baked for 40 minuted and chicken not done and onions not crispy. put on a broiler pan and baked another 15 minutes in my convection oven to finish cooking the chicken. i made it exactly like the recipe. will try again and use just enought butter to make onions stay on chicken before baking"
"Superb!! I followed the other reviews which suggested using half the amount of butter, and I used the cheddar French fried onions. I also sliced the chicken breasts in half to make them thinner. Thirty minutes in the oven yielded a crispy, juicy, delicious meal my family loved!"