- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (6 ounces) cheddar or original French-fried onions, crushed, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- In a shallow bowl, combine butter, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic salt and pepper. In another shallow bowl, place 1/2 cup crushed onions. Dip chicken in butter mixture, then coat with onions.
- Place in a greased 9-in.-square baking pan. Top with remaining onions; drizzle with any remaining butter mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Crispy Onion Chicken
Sort By :
"Superb!! I followed the other reviews which suggested using half the amount of butter, and I used the cheddar French fried onions. I also sliced the chicken breasts in half to make them thinner. Thirty minutes in the oven yielded a crispy, juicy, delicious meal my family loved!"
"My husband and I loved this recipe!! The batter is delicious and perfect. We will likely use more onions next time because we like it extra crunchy, but it's otherwise perfect!"
"My family thought this was just OK. I used only half the butter after reading the reviews, and that was plenty. It was easy to make, and the chicken was moist, but the onions on the bottom of the chicken pieces turned into an unpleasant soggy mush. I won't be making this again."
"So amazing! Staple in my chicken rotation. I use the cheddar onions."