Crispy Onion Chicken Recipe
My family loves chicken...and I'm always trying new ways to prepare it. This golden brown chicken with its crunchy french-fried onion coating is great with rice, baked potatoes, macaroni salad or potato salad. -Charlotte Smith, McDonald, Pennsylvania
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (6 ounces) cheddar or original French-fried onions, crushed, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine butter, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic salt and pepper. In another shallow bowl, place 1/2 cup crushed onions. Dip chicken in butter mixture, then coat with onions.
- 2. Place in a greased 9-in.-square baking pan. Top with remaining onions; drizzle with any remaining butter mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 4 servings.
1 chicken breast half equals 603 calories, 47 g fat (21 g saturated fat), 124 mg cholesterol, 919 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 23 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC