Crispy Norwegian Bows Recipe
I've been fixing these cookies for so long, I don't recall where the recipe came from. They're a "must" at our house.
- 3 large egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 to 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. Beat egg yolks and granulated sugar until pale yellow. Add cream and cardamom; mix well. Gradually add flour until dough is firm enough to roll.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll into a 15-in. square. Using a pastry wheel or knife, cut into 15x1-1/2-in. strips; cut diagonally at 2-1/2-in. intervals. In the center of each diamond, make a 1-in. slit; pull one end through slit.
- 3. In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry bows, a few at a time, until golden brown on both sides, 20-40 seconds. Drain on paper towels. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: about 4 dozen.
1 cookie: 24 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Reviews for Crispy Norwegian Bows
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC