Crispy Norwegian Bows Recipe
I've been fixing these cookies for so long, I don't recall where the recipe came from. They're a "must" at our house.
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 to 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, beat egg yolks and sugar until light and lemon-colored. Add cream and cardamom; mix well. Gradually add flour until dough is firm enough to roll.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll into a 15-in. square. Using a pastry wheel or knife, cut into 15-in. x 1-1/2-in. strips; cut diagonally at 2-1/2-in. intervals. In the center of each diamond, make a 1-in. slit, pull one end through slit.
- 3. In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry bows, a few at a time, for 20-40 seconds or until golden brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Crispy Norwegian Bows
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC