Crispy Mexican Truffles
Cinnamon, cayenne, and crunch! These chocolate truffles have an unexpected hint of heat. —Shelly Bevington-Fisher, Hermiston, Oregon
30 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup crushed cornflakes
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the
- confectioners' sugar, chocolate and vanilla. Cover and refrigerate
- for at least 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornflakes, cinnamon and cayenne. Shape
- chocolate mixture into 1-in. balls; roll in cornflake mixture. Store
- in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 truffle equals 98 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 33 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.