Crispy Mexican Truffles Recipe
Cinnamon, cayenne, and crunch! These chocolate truffles have an unexpected hint of heat. —Shelly Bevington-Fisher, Hermiston, Oregon
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup crushed cornflakes
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the confectioners' sugar, chocolate and vanilla. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the cornflakes, cinnamon and cayenne. Shape chocolate mixture into 1-in. balls; roll in cornflake mixture. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
1 truffle equals 98 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 33 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Crispy Mexican Truffles
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC