Cinnamon, cayenne, and crunch! These chocolate truffles have an unexpected hint of heat. —Shelly Bevington-Fisher, Hermiston, Oregon
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup crushed cornflakes
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the confectioners' sugar, chocolate and vanilla. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornflakes, cinnamon and cayenne. Shape chocolate mixture into 1-in. balls; roll in cornflake mixture. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Crispy Mexican Truffles in Simple & Delicious February/March 2012, p41
Reviews for Crispy Mexican Truffles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 9, 2015
"In my personal opinion the truffles were not as good as i would have hoped. I was making these for my spanish project and i got an F becasue it was bad so thanks i guess"
Reviewed Jan. 24, 2013
"absolutely will make again very soon!!"