Crispy Meatballs Recipe
Instead of bread crumbs, crisp rice cereal holds these meatballs together. I've had this much-used recipe in my files for years. - Nancy Dose, Arlington, Minnesota
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place meatballs an a greased rack in a shallow pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 30 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink. Yield: 16 meatballs.
1 serving (4 each) equals 298 calories, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 128 mg cholesterol, 903 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 25 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC