- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- 2 cups leftover chopped cooked turkey
- 2 cups leftover stuffing
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, onion and pepper. Stir in potatoes, turkey and stuffing.
- In a large skillet, heat butter and oil over medium-high heat. Working in batches, drop potato mixture by 1/2 cupfuls into pan; press to flatten slightly. Fry 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and heated through. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 12 patties.
Reviews for Crispy Mashed Potato & Stuffing Patties
"These were excellent and a fabulous way to use some Thanksgiving leftovers. Based on the previous reviews I did add half an egg and they held together well. -I simply added the remaining half of the egg to the side of scrambled eggs I was making. I didn't add leftover turkey as my stuffing had sausage in it. I served these with the scrambled eggs then topped everything with leftover turkey gravy I had reheated. Yum!"
"Just tried this recipe. After reading reviews about them falling apart, I had an idea. I tried using the recipe and the first couple patties fell apart. I added 1/2 cup of flour to the remaining mixture and the rest of the patties were perfect. I think the flour absorbed the moisture from the potatoes."
"This was a disappointment. Followed the recipe exactly. Eatable but in my opinion not a good use for yummy leftovers."
"Flavor was excellent but I had some trouble getting them to hold together."
"Wow, this is really good. I made them exactly as the recipe said and used turkey gravy on top. With a side of green bean casserole. Yum! They did fall apart a bit in the pan for me but my potatoes were a little runny, maybe add an extra egg next time?"
"This was a good use of Thanksgiving leftovers. I used them as the base for the Turkey & Stuffing Eggs Benedict at http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/turkey---stuffing-eggs-benedict and the combined recipes were a hit. This will probably become a Black Friday tradition in my home!"
"really good, used 3/4 cup bread crumbs instead of stuffing. no turkey, but would try crumbled, cooked sausage next time."
"Great way to use up leftovers. Added leftover gravy before eating - yummy!"