Crispy Mashed Potato & Stuffing Patties Recipe
Talk about a fun way to use holiday leftovers! Making this turkey and stuffing patty is so fast. The family looks forward to this breakfast treat every year. —Kellie Ferea, Casa Grande, Arizona
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- 2 cups leftover chopped cooked turkey
- 2 cups leftover stuffing
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, onion and pepper. Stir in potatoes, turkey and stuffing.
- 2. In a large skillet, heat butter and oil over medium-high heat. Working in batches, drop potato mixture by 1/2 cupfuls into pan; press to flatten slightly. Fry 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and heated through. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 12 patties.
2 patties equals 364 calories, 19 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 118 mg cholesterol, 628 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 20 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC