Crispy Mashed Potato & Stuffing Patties Recipe
Talk about a fun way to use holiday leftovers! Making this turkey and stuffing patty is so fast. The family looks forward to this breakfast treat every year. —Kellie Ferea, Casa Grande, Arizona
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- 2 cups leftover chopped cooked turkey
- 2 cups leftover stuffing
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, onion and pepper. Stir in potatoes, turkey and stuffing.
- 2. In a large skillet, heat butter and oil over medium-high heat. Working in batches, drop potato mixture by 1/2 cupfuls into pan; press to flatten slightly. Fry 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and heated through. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 12 patties.
2 patties equals 364 calories, 19 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 118 mg cholesterol, 628 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 20 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC