Crispy Lime Chips with Crab Recipe
Creamy crab dip tops the lime-flavored chips perfectly. These would be popular at a party, so it's a good thing they make a lot. —Tracey Stone, Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 10 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons seafood seasoning, divided
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) lump crabmeat, drained
- 6 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1. In a small bowl, combine salt and lime peel; set aside.
- 2. Using a 3-inch star-shaped cookie cutter, cut eight star shapes from each tortilla. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat half of the oil. Fry tortilla stars, a few at a time, until golden brown on both sides. Add more oil as needed. Drain on paper towels; immediately sprinkle with salt mixture.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, lime juice and 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning until blended. Fold in crab and onions. Arrange chips on ungreased baking sheets. Top with crab mixture; sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- 4. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with remaining seafood seasoning. Serve immediately. Yield: 80 appetizers.
1 appetizer equals 50 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 163 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Crispy Lime Chips with Crab
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC