Crispy Lime Chips with Crab Recipe
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 10 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons seafood seasoning, divided
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) lump crabmeat, drained
- 6 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, combine salt and lime peel; set aside.
- Using a 3-inch star-shaped cookie cutter, cut eight star shapes from each tortilla. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat half of the oil. Fry tortilla stars, a few at a time, until golden brown on both sides. Add more oil as needed. Drain on paper towels; immediately sprinkle with salt mixture.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, lime juice and 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning until blended. Fold in crab and onions. Arrange chips on ungreased baking sheets. Top with crab mixture; sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with remaining seafood seasoning. Serve immediately. Yield: 80 appetizers.
Reviews for Crispy Lime Chips with Crab(5)
Sort By :
If you just accidently stumbled across this recipe, don?t keep clicking away! This is one you definitely have to try tonight! I made it today for my two picky younger ones, and they loved it! The youngest finished off her whole plate, which is such a rarity! Not only is this simple recipe delicious, but my eldest also helped make the dip on top while my youngest cut out the fun star shapes with a cookie cutter. I hope to inspire my kids to have a passion for culinary arts, and this recipe was fun and tasty enough for the entire family to enjoy. Please try it tonight, you will not be let down, I guarantee!
I made this recipe for a church picnic and everyone loved it! It was gone in 5 minutes!
This is the most delicious and tantalizing recipe yet! This fun appetizer is appropriate for all ages and will definitely have people begging for more!
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- New Year's Appetizers >