Creamy crab dip tops the lime-flavored chips perfectly. These would be popular at a party, so it's a good thing they make a lot. —Tracey Stone, Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 10 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons seafood seasoning, divided
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) lump crabmeat, drained
- 6 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, combine salt and lime peel; set aside.
- Using a 3-inch star-shaped cookie cutter, cut eight star shapes from each tortilla. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat half of the oil. Fry tortilla stars, a few at a time, until golden brown on both sides. Add more oil as needed. Drain on paper towels; immediately sprinkle with salt mixture.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, lime juice and 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning until blended. Fold in crab and onions. Arrange chips on ungreased baking sheets. Top with crab mixture; sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with remaining seafood seasoning. Serve immediately. Yield: 80 appetizers.
Originally published as Crispy Lime Chips with Crab in Taste of Home’s Ultimate Potluck Recipe Contest 2012
Reviews for Crispy Lime Chips with Crab
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review