- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 10 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons seafood seasoning, divided
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) lump crabmeat, drained
- 6 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, combine salt and lime peel; set aside.
- Using a 3-inch star-shaped cookie cutter, cut eight star shapes from each tortilla. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat half of the oil. Fry tortilla stars, a few at a time, until golden brown on both sides. Add more oil as needed. Drain on paper towels; immediately sprinkle with salt mixture.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, lime juice and 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning until blended. Fold in crab and onions. Arrange chips on ungreased baking sheets. Top with crab mixture; sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with remaining seafood seasoning. Serve immediately. Yield: 80 appetizers.
Reviews for Crispy Lime Chips with Crab
"Wow! Delicious! They disappeared in record time..."
"If you just accidently stumbled across this recipe, don?t keep clicking away! This is one you definitely have to try tonight! I made it today for my two picky younger ones, and they loved it! The youngest finished off her whole plate, which is such a rarity! Not only is this simple recipe delicious, but my eldest also helped make the dip on top while my youngest cut out the fun star shapes with a cookie cutter. I hope to inspire my kids to have a passion for culinary arts, and this recipe was fun and tasty enough for the entire family to enjoy. Please try it tonight, you will not be let down, I guarantee!"
"I made this recipe for a church picnic and everyone loved it! It was gone in 5 minutes!"