Crispy Kiss Squares
White or milk chocolate kisses add the fun final touch to these chocolaty treats from Chris Budd of Lewiston, Idaho. Since you need just four other ingredients, you can stir up a pan of the sweet squares in a jiffy.
24 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + cooling
- 6 cups Cocoa Puffs
- 1/4 cup butter
- 40 large marshmallows
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 24 striped chocolate or milk chocolate kisses
- Place cereal in a large bowl; set aside. In a microwave-safe bowl,
- combine the butter and marshmallows. Microwave, uncovered, on high
- for 2 minutes; stir. Continue cooking until smooth, stirring every
- minute. Add chocolate chips and stir until melted.
- Pour over cereal; stir until well-coated. Spread evenly in a greased
- 13-in. x 9-in. pan. Arrange kisses in rows over the top. Cool before
- cutting. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 178 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 83 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.