- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 2/3 cup butter and herb-flavored mashed potato flakes
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 bone-in center-cut pork loin chops
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- In a shallow bowl, melt butter. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the potato flakes, cheese and garlic powder. Dip chops, one at a time, in butter, then place in bag; seal and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, cook chops in oil over medium heat for 7-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forCrispy Herb-Coated Pork Chops
"Loved this recipe and will definitely make them again as I have most of a box of butter and herb instant potatoes to use up."
"We liked these chops they were moist and something different thank you for sharing."
"Fabulous and easy. The chops came out moist and tender. Other reviews complained about calorie and fat content. If you are watching your calories, my suggestion? Find another recipe!!"
"The people who complain about the fat/calories, etc. They need to look at the Light and Tasty section."
"What could be substituted for the potato flakes?"
"I also made this with gravy from the pan drippins, absolutely delicious!!!!!!!!!!! :)"
"391 mg of salt per chop is too much for a salt free diet/low salt diet. Fat is high. Not healthy, but taste is great! Cannot make again."
"Jill, that's the type of instant mashed potatoes. They are Butter and Herb flavored instant mashed potatoes. Hope that helps."