Crispy Herb-Coated Pork Chops Recipe
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 2/3 cup butter and herb-flavored mashed potato flakes
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 bone-in center-cut pork loin chops
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1. In a shallow bowl, melt butter. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the potato flakes, cheese and garlic powder. Dip chops, one at a time, in butter, then place in bag; seal and shake to coat.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook chops in oil over medium heat for 7-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 4 servings.
1 pork chop equals 533 calories, 39 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 135 mg cholesterol, 391 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 33 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.