I created this one night when I ran out of my usual pork chop coating mix. It just might become your new family favorite! —Ann Jovanovic, Chicago, Illinois
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 2/3 cup butter and herb-flavored mashed potato flakes
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 bone-in center-cut pork loin chops
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- In a shallow bowl, melt butter. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the potato flakes, cheese and garlic powder. Dip chops, one at a time, in butter, then place in bag; seal and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, cook chops in oil over medium heat for 7-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Crispy Herb-Coated Pork Chops in Simple & Delicious March/April 2009, p23
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Crispy Herb-Coated Pork Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review