Crispy Herb Bread Recipe
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder or 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 loaf (8 ounces) French bread, halved lengthwise
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a small bowl, combine oil and garlic powder; brush over bread. Sprinkle with the remaining ingredients. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 7-9 minutes or until lightly browned. Cut each half into five slices. Yield: 10 servings.
One slice equals 87 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 166 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 starch.
Reviews for Crispy Herb Bread
"We didn't have thyme, so we used rosemary instead. A great garlic bread to make without using butter!~ Theresa"