Ruby Williams uses herbs to fix this better-for-you garlic bread, which has lots of flavor but little fat. "I live in garlic country, so I use garlic in most every dish," reports the Bogalusa, Louisiana reader.
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder or 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 loaf (8 ounces) French bread, halved lengthwise
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a small bowl, combine oil and garlic powder; brush over bread. Sprinkle with the remaining ingredients. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 7-9 minutes or until lightly browned. Cut each half into five slices. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Crispy Herb Bread in Quick Cooking March/April 2004, p64
Reviews for Crispy Herb Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 13, 2010
"We didn't have thyme, so we used rosemary instead. A great garlic bread to make without using butter!~ Theresa"