You don’t need a deep-fat fryer for the crispiest little snacks around; let the indoor grill do the work! Try this marinara over ziti or bow-tie pasta for a delicious side dish, too. —Steve Foy, Kirkwood, Missouri
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with basil, oregano and garlic, undrained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup prepared Italian salad dressing
- 1 cup Italian-style panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 2 medium zucchini, cut diagonally into 1/4-inch slices
- In a large saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a shallow bowl, whisk egg and salad dressing. Place bread crumbs in another shallow bowl. Dip zucchini slices in egg mixture, then coat with bread crumbs. Cook on an indoor grill for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with marinara. Yield: 2 dozen (2-1/3 cups sauce).
Originally published as Crispy Grilled Zucchini with Marinara in Simple & Delicious February/March 2011, p42
Reviews for Crispy Grilled Zucchini with Marinara
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review