Want an amazing party starter? Coat slices of goat cheese with seasoned bread crumbs, fry them until golden-brown and top them off with tomato, basil, vinegar and pine nuts.
- 4 logs (4 ounces each) herbed fresh goat cheese
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- Freeze cheese for 15 minutes. Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices.
- Place flour and eggs in separate shallow bowls. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, thyme, garlic powder and salt. Dip cheese slices in the flour, eggs, then bread crumb mixture.
- In an electric skillet, heat oil to 375°. Fry cheese slices, a few at a time, for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Garnish each appetizer with a tomato half and basil leaf. Drizzle with vinegar; top with pine nuts. Serve warm. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Crispy Goat Cheese Appetizers in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2013, p14
Reviews for Crispy Goat Cheese Appetizers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review