Crispy Fudge Treats
These chocolaty treats are suggested by Bridgetown, Nova Scotia field editor Joyce Jackson. "They keep well in the fridge, but I never have to store them for very long," she says.
18 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 6 cups crisp rice cereal
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-3/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine cereal and sugar; set aside. Place the
- chocolate chips, corn syrup and butter in a 1-qt. microwave-safe
- dish. Microwave, uncovered, on high for about 1 minute; stir gently
- until smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour over cereal mixture; toss to
- Spoon into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. pan. Refrigerate for 30 minutes;
- cut into squares. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 188 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 132 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.