These chocolaty treats are suggested by Bridgetown, Nova Scotia field editor Joyce Jackson. "They keep well in the fridge, but I never have to store them for very long," she says.
Recommended: Neapolitan Recipes
- 6 cups crisp rice cereal
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-3/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine cereal and sugar; set aside. Place the chocolate chips, corn syrup and butter in a 1-qt. microwave-safe dish. Microwave, uncovered, on high for about 1 minute; stir gently until smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour over cereal mixture; toss to coat.
- Spoon into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. pan. Refrigerate for 30 minutes; cut into squares. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Crispy Fudge Treats in Taste of Home February/March 1999, p64
Reviews for Crispy Fudge Treats
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 12, 2011
"Not too bad for a recipe that only takes a few minutes to make. I will be making this again."