Crispy Fried Onion Rings Recipe
- 1/2 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 large onion, very thinly sliced
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a shallow bowl, whisk the first five ingredients. Separate onion slices into rings. Dip rings into batter. In a deep-fat fryer, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry onion rings in batches for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Crispy Fried Onion Rings(5)
Sort By :
OMG, These are the BOMB!!!
Our family loved this, yum! Has the right amount of salt to no overpower the flavor of the onion. We also used this batter to deep fry fresh green beans, also excellent, seriously!
My family loves this recipe. We use milk or beer instead of water for a richer flavor. We also use it for our fried chicken over breading the chicken. This is a wonderful recipe.
Left out the baking powder...didn't have any. Turned out fast and pretty good too.
Excellent recipe! My onion rings turned out light and crisp, not heavy like some other recipes I have used. I did substitute milk for the water.
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- July 4th Recipes >
- July 4th Side Dishes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Labor Day Side Dish Recipes >
- Memorial Day Recipes >
- Memorial Day Side Dishes >
- Onion Rings >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Side Dish Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >