Crispy Fried Chicken
Always a picnic favorite, this fried chicken is delicious hot or cold. —Jeanne Schnitzler, Lima, Montana
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 10 min./batch
- 4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 tablespoons garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 3 teaspoons pepper, divided
- 2-1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 broiler/fryer chickens (3-1/2 to 4 pounds each), cut up
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 2-2/3 cups flour, garlic
- salt, paprika, 2-1/2 teaspoons pepper and poultry seasoning. In a
- shallow bowl, beat eggs and water; add salt, pepper and remaining
- flour. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then place in the bag, a few
- pieces at a time. Seal bag and shake to coat.
- In a deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry chicken, several
- pieces at a time, for 5-6 minutes on each side or until golden brown
- and juices run clear. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 8 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.