- 4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 tablespoons garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 3 teaspoons pepper, divided
- 2-1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 broiler/fryer chickens (3-1/2 to 4 pounds each), cut up
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 2-2/3 cups flour, garlic salt, paprika, 2-1/2 teaspoons pepper and poultry seasoning. In a shallow bowl, beat eggs and water; add salt and the remaining flour and pepper. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then place in the bag, a few pieces at a time. Seal bag and shake to coat.
- In a deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry chicken, several pieces at a time, for 5-6 minutes on each side or until golden brown and juices run clear. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 8 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Crispy Fried Chicken
Sort By :
"I was disappointed. I found the batter lacking flavor and the fried skin fell off the bird. Wouldn't recommend this recipe."
"Very good.. thank you!"
"Excellent recipe! I used this with boneless chicken breasts and made sandwiches out of them. My only regret is that I didn't make extra!"
"Very, very good fried chicken. Perfect for the camping trip we went on. Made enough for a few meals and there were no leftovers!"
"This was a really good fried chicken recipe. I also tried it on some boneless chicken and it was great."