- 4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 tablespoons garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 3 teaspoons pepper, divided
- 2-1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 broiler/fryer chickens (3-1/2 to 4 pounds each), cut up
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 2-2/3 cups flour, garlic salt, paprika, 2-1/2 teaspoons pepper and poultry seasoning. In a shallow bowl, beat eggs and water; add salt and the remaining flour and pepper. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then place in the bag, a few pieces at a time. Seal bag and shake to coat.
- In a deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry chicken, several pieces at a time, for 5-6 minutes on each side or until golden brown and juices run clear. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 8 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Crispy Fried Chicken
"Can u fry chicken in a cast iron skillet instead of deep fryer?"
"Used this recipe. i halved it and used chicken breast tenders instead of whole chicken. Loved it. Best I've found yet for crispy chicken. Loved the egg dip. I had been looking for one like this."
"Where does the recipe say "let it sit in the egg mixture"????"
"Followed the recipe to the T and my family enjoyed it. Will definitely be making this again."
"Who ever suggested taking the chicken out of the batter and letting it sit - LIFE CHANGER. This is by FAR the best recipe I have ever tried. Let the batter drip off the chicken then coat in flour and Fry. Amazing recipe. Thank you so much."