- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 12 slices day-old French bread (3/4 inch thick)
- 1-1/2 cups crushed cornflakes
- In a shallow dish, combine the egg substitute, milk, orange juice, vanilla and nutmeg. Add bread; soak for 5 minutes, turning once. Coat both sides of each slice with cornflake crumbs.
- Place in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes; turn. Bake 5-8 minutes longer or until golden brown. Yield: 12 slices.
Originally published as Crispy French Toast in Taste of Home April/May 2003, p11
Reviews for Crispy French Toast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 28, 2009
"I enjoyed this French toast. I did find it very difficult to get the cornflakes to stick to the toast, though."