- 4 cups frozen steak fries
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 450°. Arrange steak fries in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake on lowest oven rack 18-20 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Meanwhile, place salmon on a foil-lined baking sheet coated with cooking spray. In a small bowl, mix horseradish, cheese, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and salt; stir in panko. Press mixture onto fillets. Spritz tops with cooking spray.
- Bake salmon on middle oven rack 8-10 minutes or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork. Serve with fries. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Crispy Fish & Chips
"I love this recipe. My problem is with the measurements. who in the world would attempt to measure 4 cups of frozen fries...how would you go about doing that? Those fries come in ounce packages that you cook the whole thing or a handful. So, if you must do some measuring, then figure out how many ounces you want each serving to be allotted and use your trusty scales to do that or cook the whole thing and let everyone have as much as they want...but here arises another question...should I weigh before or after cooking? Get over it!If you're cooking 4 servings I would use "16 ounce package, cooked according to package directions..." ('cause you can't have too many fries/chips with fish anyway) and, I don't believe 4 ounces of fries is too much! I apologize for this rant but it's like pre-heating the oven. How do you do that...build a fire in it? (can't you just use the term "cook at 300" or whatever. If we're looking for stupidity, let the manufacturer answer the question of "where is the PREHEAT button?""
"Since the word "Chips" is included in the title I had expected a recipe for same to be included in this "British" recipe."
"I made this with Barramundi. Great basic recipe. I definitely recommend using the "tartar sauce" recipe found here in the TOH Salmon with Creamy Dill Sauce recipe. It's the BEST I've found! - http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/salmon-with-creamy-dill-sauce"
"Nice simple recipe with great flavor. Good way to get my family eating more fish!"
"The crunchy coating is delicious! My kids (ages 6 & 3) ate this meal and enjoyed it too."
"Absolutely delicious! Loved the crunchy coating. I substituted sweet potato fries for the steak fries and sprinkled malt vinegar on both my fish and chips."
"Super easy fish recipe that is delicious!"
"I really liked the crusty salmon and the flavor combination was good. It was easy and quick and I am always looking for different ways to dress salmon. I would make this again for sure."
"My husband and I loved this. I used Swai instead of the salmon to fit our preference for a more mild fish. This was quick and easy and when I made fish again a few days later my husband asked why I didn't use this recipe again? I think this is a go to fish recipe from now on. I added an extra five minutes of cook time for the fries and used Red Robin fries that I purchased in the frozen section. This was a nice casual dinner!"
"Now this is what I call quick and easy ! I made this Friday night it was so amazing ! I will always make my Fish&Chips using this recipe and salmon. !"