Hot dogs become more popular than ever when wrapped in corn tortillas and fried to golden perfection. "My dad made these when I was young," shares Christy Schroeder of Fremont, Nebraska. "Now I make them for my kids."
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 8 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 8 hot dogs
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Ketchup and mustard, optional
- Place the tortillas on a microwave-safe plate. Cover with waxed
- paper; microwave on high for 10-20 seconds or until warm. Wrap a
- tortilla around each hot dog; secure with a toothpick.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat 1 in. of oil to
- 375°. Fry hot dogs, in two batches, for 3 minutes or until
- tortillas are golden brown and crispy, turning once. Drain on paper
- towels; discard toothpicks. Serve with ketchup and mustard if
- desired. Yield: 8 servings.