Crispy Dijon Chicken
"I know you'll relish this doubly delicious dish," writes Ella West of Lake Charles, Louisiana. "Yogurt and mustard give golden oven-baked chicken a tangy taste, while cornflake crumbs provide plenty of crunch."
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free herb seasoning blend
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup cornflake crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- In a shallow bowl, combine the yogurt, seasoning blend, lemon juice
- and mustard. In another bowl, combine the cornflake crumbs and
- cheese. Roll the chicken in yogurt mixture, then in crumb mixture.
- Place in a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 35-45 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads
- 170°. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 234 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 431 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 24 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.