- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped imitation crabmeat
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 16 wonton wrappers
- Oil for frying
- Sweet-and-sour sauce
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add the onions, crab and garlic.
- Place about 1-1/2 teaspoons in the center of a wonton wrapper. (Keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Moisten edges with water; fold opposite corners over filling and press to seal. Repeat.
- In an electric skillet, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry wontons, in batches, for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Drain on paper towels. Serve with sweet-and-sour sauce. Yield: 16 appetizers.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Crispy Crab Rangoon
Sort By :
"These are wonderful! I've always baked my crab rangoon in the past; however, this recipe is so easy to prepare and tastes so good, that I plan on making it this way from now on! One word of advice: they do cook very quickly, so have everything ready to go before you start frying them."