I created this recipe because I wanted an easy-to-make cookie that folks can't resist. These tempting treats have a hint of coffee flavor and aren't overly sweet.
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 2 eggs
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Additional sugar
- In a bowl, combine sugar and oil. Dissolve coffee in water; add to sugar mixture and mix well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the sugar mixture.
- Roll into 3/4-in. balls, then roll in additional sugar. Place 2 in. apart on lightly greased baking sheets; flatten with a fork. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are firm. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Originally published as Crispy Coffee Cookies in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2001, p47
Reviews for Crispy Coffee Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 22, 2014
"It was absolutely awful. Not worth making. I don't want to give it any stars but it won't let me submit my review without rating it so I gave it one."