Crispy Cod with Veggies Recipe
- 2 cups broccoli coleslaw mix
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 4 teaspoons chopped green onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cod fillets (6 ounces each)
- Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup crushed potato sticks
- 3 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the coleslaw mix, tomato, onion and garlic; spread into an 11-in. x 7-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Top with cod fillets; sprinkle with pepper.
- 2. Combine the potato sticks, bread crumbs, cheese and butter; sprinkle over fillets. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 25-30 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 2 servings.
1 fillet with 1 cup vegetables equals 316 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 89 mg cholesterol, 445 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 34 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 2 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Crispy Cod with Veggies
"I soaked fish overnight in buttermilk, used crushed frenchfried onions, increased cheese and misted with lemon juice the last few minutes of cooking."
"I have meant to rate this recipe for a long time - as my husband & I have been making this for several years. It is an AWESOME recipe and a definite staple in our home. HIGHLY recommend it!!"
"SO good! I crushed potato chips instead of the potato stick things and it was excellent!"
"My husband and I do not eat fish so I could not rate this dish with a fair result"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.