Crispy Cod with Veggies Recipe
- 2 cups broccoli coleslaw mix
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 4 teaspoons chopped green onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cod fillets (6 ounces each)
- Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup crushed potato sticks
- 3 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the coleslaw mix, tomato, onion and garlic; spread into an 11-in. x 7-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Top with cod fillets; sprinkle with pepper.
- 2. Combine the potato sticks, bread crumbs, cheese and butter; sprinkle over fillets. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 25-30 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 2 servings.
1 fillet with 1 cup vegetables equals 316 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 89 mg cholesterol, 445 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 34 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 2 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Crispy Cod with Veggies
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.