Crispy Coconut Balls
For satisfying a sweet tooth, these light, bite-size snacks are our favorite on-the-road treats. I like the fact that they're quick and easy to make.Elaine Wilkins, Jasper, Alabama
18 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 40 large marshmallows or 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 5 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows and cook,
- stirring constantly, until marshmallows are melted. Remove from
- heat; stir in cereal until well-coated. With buttered hands, shape
- into 1-in. balls. Roll in coconut, pressing gently to coat. Yield:
- about 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 127 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 118 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.