"Our teacher challenged our class to use the microwave for more than defrosting and reheating leftovers," write Michael Saunders and Andy Lyness of West Delaware Middle School in Manchester, Iowa. "This crispy jelly roll is one of our favorite microwave recipes."
- 1 package (10 ounces) large marshmallows
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 5-1/2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1-1/3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup butterscotch chips
- Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan with waxed paper; grease the paper and set aside. In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the marshmallows, butter and peanut butter. Cover and microwave on high for 1-1/2 minutes; stir until well blended. Stir in cereal until well coated. Spread into prepared pan.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate and butterscotch chips. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-1/2 minutes. Stir; spread over cereal mixture to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side, peeling waxed paper away while rolling. Place seam side down on a serving plate. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set. Cut into 1-in. slices. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Crispy Chocolate Log in Quick Cooking November/December 1999, p42
Reviews for Crispy Chocolate Log
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review